Chili is such a great comfort food that doubles as a nutrition powerhouse. In this recipe, there is no meat or poultry, but the beans are so filling and a great source of fiber and protein, protein coming from meat or poultry isn’t really missed. Most chili’s call for a tomato sauce and dice tomatoes, so the tomato basil is a perfect substitution. Da Giulia Tomato Basil makes a great chili base, and chili powder can immediately transform the sauce to a spicy tomato base sauce becoming the compliment to all the wonderful chili additions; beans, corn, onion, and peppers (optional). This recipe should produce 10 servings, and will make great leftovers as well!
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can navy beans drain and rinsed
- 1 can chili beans drain and rinsed
- 2 cups da Giulia Tomato Basil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen chili
- In dutch oven pour all ingredients beside corn and bring to a boil while covered.
- Uncover after boiling and reduce heat to a shimmer.
- Add corn and simmer 20 minutes
- Enjoy! 🙂
- optional : add shredded cheese, sour cream, onion or chives
Calories 204 Weight Watcher 7